“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bicycle and that’s pretty close.”
Rated one of Barcelona’s best bike tours
2012 – 2019
Barcelona: Panoramic E-bike Tour of Montjuïc
Enjoy our unique Electric Bike (e-bikes) guided tour around Montjuïc and get a breathtaking panoramic view of Barcelona, the Mediterranean Sea and its beautiful surroundings without having to leave the city!
Using more than a decade of experience this is a carefully prepared and curated tour specifically designed for e-Bikes. Powered by state of the art electric bikes, you can effortlessly climb Barcelona’s mountain to see the city’s most beautiful sights. You will learn all about the past and present of the sites we explore.
Montjuïc: The scenic hill overlooking Barcelona city
Barcelona is a city surrounded by hills and mountains. Montjuïc is one these, with a height of 173 meters, and is one of the most beautiful spots in Barcelona. Rich in history and beauty, this famous attraction features breathtaking panoramic views of the city and harbor and various monuments and fountains, castles, fortresses’, gardens, viewpoints, the Olympic stadium and museums, all contributing to the charm of the mountain.
Most interestingly, however, is its fascinating history, that by its very nature as a fort, is full of battles, architectural renovations and politics.
State of the art electric bikes
The e-Bike will make going up the mountain easy, possibly without breaking a sweat! The route mainly follows bike lanes and paths through parks and nature trails with no or little automobile traffic. The e-Bike will do most of the work, but pedaling is still a must! As with all of our tours, this is an easy route, perfect for any fitness level.
Fancy a Private Guided Tour? Just get in touch.
Only 33€ Adult
30€ Youth (12 – 15) per person
Panoramic e-bike tour of Montjuïc
In this 3 hour guided tour you will learn all about the past and present of Montjuïc, one of the most important areas that has shaped our city
– Christopher Columbus Monument
– Simply stunning panoramic views of the plain of Barcelona, the coastal sierras, the Mediterranean Sea below and the Collserola mountain in the back
– Ride this very green trail along and through varied, beautiful and sometime also surprising parks and beautiful flower gardens, all loved by locals
– Visit iconic venues by world renowned architects from the 1992 Summer Olympics. Hear the fascinating story about how they helped transforming the city
– See the 17th-century citadel Castell de Montjuïc that since the Reapers’ War for 350 years has both defended the city but also helped in conquering it
– Learn about the legacy of the 1929 Universal Exposition that helped shape the urban landscape and visit some of its most prolific buildings
– Pass by the quarries who’s sandstone forms the walls of every street and alley in the old town and that built both the Roman Wall and the cathedral
– Get great essential insider tips from a local on the best things to do in Barcelona and around plus where to eat (and not to), drink, shop and explore
– Enjoy a very Eco friendly, fun and entertaining tour with a great balance between information, architecture, culture, history, and nature
Approximately 3 hours
Difficulty Level >
Easy (ability to ride a bike is essential)
Maximum Group Size >
Availability > View calendar
Full travel injury insurance (only when booked on our website)
Helmets and Child Seats available on request
For other languages request a Private Tour
City Bike ages 12 minimum
Adults (16+) 33 Euros
Children (12-15) 30 Euros
What you need to bring:
– Drinking water and possibly some snacks
– Appropriate clothing for out of summer months
– Any kind of sun protection you might need
– For your safety and the safety of those around you, we kindly insist that all participants know how to ride a bicycle, balancing and pedaling with confidence before partaking in this tour.
– An e-bike is a bit heavier than a normal bicycle and while you may not need to be an avid or highly experienced rider, we suggest that participants are comfortable biking in narrow city traffic. We try to avoid busy streets as much as possible but we do catch glimpses of the cities traffic on route to Montjuic.
– Check out the FAQs below for a mountain of info
Frequently asked questions
How many people go on your tours?
What if I am unable to ride, can I do this?
Click here fro more FAQs
Q: Where do the tours start and when should I arrive? All of our tours meet at E-bikes Rent on Carrer Cervantes 8, in the Gothic quarter (unless otherwise stated, Map and directions provided with your booking confirmation). Please arrive 10 minutes before your tour is scheduled to begin, and give yourself extra time if your unsure of the location.
Q: Where do we keep our stuff during the activity? Please only bring with you what you will be carrying on the tour.
Q: Do we also ride on roads? We will stick to the many bike lanes as much as possible. However this tour will mainly be on roads. Don’t worry though, these roads up on hill are very wide and not busy.
Q: What should I wear? In the summer months (June – September) you can wear typical day wear (shorts, t-shirt etc). In the other months we would suggest bringing a top with you in case you get cold, with possibly a small rucksack to keep it in. We would also recommend wearing decent footwear. Flip-flops are OK, but only if your used to riding with them.
Q: What should I bring? •Drinking water and possibly some snacks for energy, just in case. Also any sun protection yo might need (Hat, glasses and cream) •Camera •Anything else you would take on a normal day / night out, in case you want to hot a restaurant directly after.
Q: What route will we be doing? Your guide will choose a route for your trip based on the group, your preferences and to avoid any congested areas (festivals, traffic, road works etc)
Q: How fast do you ride? Will I be able to keep up? Will I get bored moving too slowly? Our pace depends on the group, but we generally take our time. We almost always have plenty of time to get where we’re going, so there’s no need to rush. We’ll keep things moving, but we won’t leave anyone behind.
Q: Will I see any Gaudi Architecture? Not on this tour. If Gaudi is what your interested in then the City Bike Tour is for you. Or, ask us for a Private Tour to cover all his sights.
Q: What can I bring on the tour? We recommend bringing as little as possible. Whatever you bring with you will have to be carried around by you on the tour. Small rucksacks are OK.
Q: Who will be taking me on the tour? One of our experienced guides will be showing you around. All of our guides have been living and guiding in Barcelona for many years.
Q: Do you have weight limits for the child seats? Unfortunately yes. The maximum weight is 20Kg.
Q: Are electric bikes (E-bikes) different from other city bikes? They almost look the same. The e-bike has the added help from a small hidden motor that’s in the wheel hub and a battery that’s under the seat. The motor doesn’t do all the work for you, you still need to peddle to get it started.
Q: What are the age restrictions? Minimum age is 12. We have no maximum age, if you can ride, then please come and join us.
Q: Where is your office in Barcelona? We are an office-less company, that way we keep our overheads low and can pass these savings onto you.
Q: What is your cancellation policy? We understand that whilst traveling plans can change and that you may need to cancel your tours. Just give us 48 hours advance notice, and we will offer a full refund on any amount that you have paid (with the exception private group trips, which must be canceled 7 days in advance for a full refund). If you need to cancel within 48 hours of our reservation we generally cannot offer any refund, unless we can fill your spots. It may be possible to reschedule your booking for another day, depending on availability.
Q: When do you cancel tours for weather? We usually do not cancel tours due to overcast skies but we do cancel trips for steady rain. Safety and your enjoyment are our priority. If you have reserved a tour, we email you if we are canceling the trip due to weather and give you a choice of either rescheduling (depending on availability) or receiving a full refund. We will do this as soon as we know the tour will be cancelled, however, this can sometimes not be until right before the tour.
Q: What brand or style of bikes do you use? The e-bike is a star. With its battery powered engine it will take you where no other bike can go, saving you lots of energy. And it’s top fun!
Q: Do I need to tip my guide? No, only if you want to and feel that it’s deserved. Tips are never expected, but always appreciated.
This is only our meeting spot, we do not have offices for inquiries here